The Ewings Publishing is a hybrid publishing company based in Metairie, Louisiana. With five years of publishing and marketing experience, the company has helped aspiring authors become flourishing self-publishers, transforming their creativity into a myriad of endless possibilities.
Our mission is to help authors kick-start their journey to success by providing valuable services that cater to their unique interests and goals. We aim to go beyond our clients’ expectations to give them the best quality outcome their creative work deserves. We take your story to the next level!
We envision to become key players in the publishing industry by providing excellent services and customer support to ensure high-level satisfaction among our stakeholders and clients.
At The Ewings Publishing, we can assure you authors that YOU are the boss of your own story. From writing, editing, designing, and marketing, we will work with you firsthand and make sure that you produce the dream version you have envisioned for your craft – paperback, hardback, e-book, audiobook, you name it!
Explore our website and choose from our premier packages and bundles designed to meet your needs and budget.
Ready to share and publish your story? We got you! Talk to us.
Effective date: 2021-01-01
Welcome to The Ewings Publishing LLC.
The Ewings Publishing LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.theewingspublishing.com (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
SERVICE means the www.theewingspublishing.com website operated by The Ewings Publishing LLC.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
3. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
4. Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
0.1. Email address
0.2. First name and last name
0.3. Phone number
0.4. Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
0.5. Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
0.1. Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
0.2. Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
0.3. Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
0.4. Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, NDA agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, social security (or other taxpayer identification) number, office location and other data.
5. Use of Data
The Ewings Publishing LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
0.1. to provide and maintain our Service;
0.2. to notify you about changes to our Service;
0.3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
0.4. to provide customer support;
0.5. to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
0.6. to monitor the usage of our Service;
0.7. to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
0.8. to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
0.9. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
0.10. to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
0.11. to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
0.12. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
0.13. for any other purpose with your consent.
6. Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside USA and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to USA and process it there.
8. Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
0.1. Disclosure for Law Enforcement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
0.2. Business Transaction.
If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
0.3. Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
0.3.1. to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
0.3.2. to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
0.3.3. to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
0.3.4. for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website;
0.3.5. for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
0.3.6. with your consent in any other cases;
0.3.7. if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
9. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
0.1. the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
0.2. the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
0.3. the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
0.4. the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
0.5. the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
0.6. the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
11. Your Data Protection Rights under the California Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
0.1. users can visit our site anonymously;
0.4. users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
12. Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us:
0.1. What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you:
0.0.1. The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
0.0.2. The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
0.0.3. The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
0.0.4. The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
0.0.5. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
0.0.6. A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
0.0.7. A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
0.2. To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate.
0.3. To stop selling your personal information. We don’t sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. You are the only owner of your Personal Data and can request disclosure or deletion at any time.
If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers.
Please note, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances, we will discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit the official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.
13. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
15. CI/CD tools
We may use third-party Service Providers to automate the development process of our Service.
16. Behavioral Remarketing
We may provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
18. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
19. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
21. Contact Us
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Information TEPL Collects about You
Information You Provide. You may choose to provide to TEPL certain personal information, whether over the telephone, on the Sites, via email, or at a live events. The types of “Personal Information” that you may provide to TEPL include:
– Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number (collectively referred to as “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”);
– Payment and tax information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address, banking account, and tax-related information (collectively referred to as “Financial Information”);
– Demographic information, including characteristics of protected classifications, such as your age, gender or ethnicity;
– Transaction information, such as products and services purchased;
– Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by TEPL or its affiliates;
– Your responses to surveys that TEPL may ask you to complete for training or research purposes;
– Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as recordings of customer service calls;
– Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide, including information you provide when you create an account, purchase TEPL’s products or services or contact TEPL;
– Information provided to TEPL by social networks when you log in to the Sites using your social network credentials; and
-Inferences drawn from any of the above, such as your preferences or interests.
Information TEPL Collects through Automatic Means. In addition to the Personal Information that you provide, TEPL and its third party service providers may use various technologies that automatically or passively collect information such as your usage, browsing activity, device, and geolocations data (collectively referred to as “Usage Information”) when you visit or interact with the Sites, TEPL’s emails or TEPL’s online advertisements As set forth in more details below, TEPL may also collect Usage Information using various web-based technologies.
The technologies that TEPL may use for this automatic data collection may include:
– Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or tablet, mobile or other device when you visit the Sites or access TEPL’s online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, but not limited to: (1) to recognize you and to remember your preferences; (2) to track your visits to the Sites; (3) to facilitate online purchases; (4) to enable and support TEPL’s security features; (5) to help TEPL detect malicious activity; (6) to show you relevant advertising; and (7) to track action taken in response to advertisements.
You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating or adjusting the appropriate privacy settings on your browser or device. However, if you choose to disable cookies or adjust your privacy settings, you may be unable to use all of the features of the Sites.
– Web Server Logs. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, TEPL’s web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to the Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
– Web Beacons. Pages of the Sites and TEPL’s emails to you may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to: (1) to count users to the Sites or specific pages on the Sites; (2) to monitor how users navigate the Sites; (3) to count how many people opened an email or clicked on a link; (4) to track other website statistics, such as the popularity of certain website content; and (5) to verify system and server integrity and security.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
TEPL may use third party web analytics services on the Sites, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help TEPL analyze how visitors use the Sites, its emails and its online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
Do Not Track Notice or Signals
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. TEPL does not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, TEPL does not track information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. TEPL also does not authorize third parties to collect any Personal Information from you on the Sites for these purposes.
How TEPL Uses Your Information
TEPL uses Personal Information that you provide to TEPL and Usage Information that TEPL collects through automated means to:
– Perform services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, making royalty payments, if applicable, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
– Send communications and contact you about TEPL’s assisted self-publishing services and related products and services, including promotional materials and other information about the assisted self-publishing services of TEPL’s various imprints;
– Administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions;
– Perform audits regarding a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
– Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
– Detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
– Operate, optimize and improve TEPL’s products, services and operations, including, but not limited to, developing new services, managing communications, performing data analytics, and performing training, accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
– Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and TEPL’s internal policies and procedures;
– Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate TEPL’s policies; and
– Use the information in other ways that TEPL describes when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your express consent.
Information TEPL Shares
TEPL does not rent, sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information that it collects about you, individually or as part of a list, except as described below. TEPL may share your Personal Information with:
– TEPL’s contractors, service providers and other third parties that TEPL uses to support its business and to fulfill services requested or purchased by you, including, but not limited to, credit card processing companies, marketing services providers and consultants, public relations firms, editorial service providers, printers, distributors, and retailers;
– To other third parties, with your express consent.
TEPL may also disclose your personal information:
– To comply with any court order, applicable law or legal process;
– To respond to law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
– To enforce TEPL’s agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes; and
– If TEPL believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of data protection and security, fraud prevention and risk reduction.
Your Rights and Choices
TEPL strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to it. TEPL has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
– Google Analytics Display Advertising. TEPL utilizes Google Analytics Display Advertising to remarket to you by displaying TEPL’s ads to you on third party websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by clicking Ads Settings.
– Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about you and update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information. However, please note that only you can change or delete tax information, including your TIN, previously provided to TEPL, through your Author Center on the The Ewings Publishing website. TEPL may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
– Do Not Call. If you do not want to receive marketing or sales calls from TEPL, you may request to have your name placed on TEPL’s Do Not Call List. TEPL will process your request and remove your name from its active list within ten (10) business days. You can make this request by sending an email to: donotcall@The Ewings Publishing.com or via mail addressed to: The Ewings Publishing, Attn: Do Not Call List, 201 Rue Bureaugard Ste 202, Lafayette LA 70508. When submitting a request, you must include all the relevant information that you want added to TEPL’s Do Not Call List, including your full name, street address and telephone number(s). Subsequent sign-ups or inquiries to TEPL may lead to the creation of new records; these actions by you may result in inadvertent contact. If that is the case, please contact TEPL to reiterate the Do Not Call requests. If your information changes, please notify TEPL of your new name, address, and telephone number(s) so that you will remain on the Do Not Call List.
Children under the Age of 13
The Sites are not directed to and should not be used by children under the age of thirteen (13). TEPL does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the Sites.
TEPL takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, while TEPL strives to protect your Personal Information, TEPL cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TEPL. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your Personal Information to TEPL at your own risk.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. You should never submit bank account, payment card or tax information to TEPL via email. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. TEPL asks you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to Other Websites
The Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from TEPL. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which TEPL strongly suggests that you review. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by TEPL, TEPL is not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Notice to Non-US Users: Consent to Transfer Data
Thank you for shopping at The Ewings Bookroom.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
Returns or Replacement
Printer glitches cannot be avoided. In rare cases, the approved metadata files are not being followed, resulting in misprinting.
To be eligible for a return/replacement, your item must be proven defective of misprinting (for book orders). An investigation will be launched and we will only require you take clear photos of the parts of the book that are being misprinted.
You have 3 calendar days to request for a replacement from the date you received it. If this is approved, a replacement is eligible.
We will be responsible of the shipping fee for the eligible replacement.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Once the order is received, book copies will be printed at the nearest printing facility.
Normal printing duration is 10 business days in the US and 5 business days to all other locations.
***Rush service is temporarily being offered only to locations outside of the US. Charges apply.
Orders received on weekends will be processed on the next business day.
Shipping fees, handling fees, and taxes are shouldered by the buyer.
Book orders are guaranteed to be shipped on the next business day.
Some locations are subject to various fees:
Canada – import duties, GST (goods and services taxes), brokerage fees, customs fees, and document preparation fees.
Australia – 10% GST charge for printing and a 10% GST charge for shipping.
Important Shipping Information:
US Commercial Ground
– Delivery to most commercial addresses in the 48 contiguous states in the US takes 1 to 6 business days after the shipment date, based on the location of the Ship-To Address.
– Shipments are trackable.
– P.O. boxes and military addresses cannot be used as a Ship-To Address.
– Delivery to most addresses in the 10 provinces of Canada takes 3 to 7 business days after the shipment date, based on the location of the Ship-To address.
– Shipments are trackable.
– P.O. boxes cannot be used as a Ship-To Address.
– Delivery to most countries and territories is shipped through the destination country’s mail system.
– Shipment times and reliability vary based on the destination country’s mail system.
– This shipping method, in exchange for lower shipping costs, does not offer damage insurance or shipment tracking to the ultimate recipient.
– When you select this method of international shipment, you waive all liability against The Ewings Publishing or the carrier for damage or loss of the shipment.
– Shipments are not trackable.
– P.O. boxes cannot be used as a Ship-To Address.